Monday, March 8, 2010

Barley Stew with Leeks, Mushrooms, and Greens


After I made this Barley Stew, I very much felt the need to quickly post something about it while the flavor was still on my tongue. It's divine. It tastes like a stew or soup you could get at a little cafe--the kind of place you never forget and always hope to go back to. This stew is flavorful and filling. The kale and barley add a nice full texture to the soup and the rosemary, tomatoes, garlic, and leeks pack a lot of flavor. It's savory and delicious. I will certainly be handing this recipe out to family members and friends!

I did add almost twice the called-for amount of broth--so pick up double the amount at the grocery store to have on hand.

I broiled some swiss cheese on slices of bread to complete our meal tonight. This would be a great dinner to serve on a Lenten Friday if you're abstaining from meat. Although, it tastes so good, it might feel a little bit like cheating.

p.s. I have just licked the pot. This stew is that good. YUM.

No comments:

Post a Comment